Senior IIOT Consultant
- The Sr. IIoT Consultant will be on various project sites in many industries supporting a wide variety of equipment types.
- Travel to job site for initial discovery and workshop of potential projects as well as scheduled project implementation for hardware (sensor and gateway) and communication software installation and configuration.
- Must have experience with a diverse range of industrial sensors, gateways, and communication software products.
- Preferred experience with configuration of Industrial IoT software platforms.
- Must be able to troubleshoot device networks; including Serial, Wi-Fi, BLE, LTE/5G, and Ethernet.
- Ability to set communication protocols and network configurations on network devices.
- Candidate is capable of troubleshooting IIoT Platform applications.
- Approximately 30-60% travel during standard work weeks.
- Visit client sites, partner sites, or other third-party sites when necessary to assess and collect critical project and technical information.
- Work with estimation team to provide IIOT and Industrial network details for estimates.
- Interpret P&ID’s, wiring diagrams, functional descriptions, specifications, and equipment manuals to develop sensor, gateway, and communication requirements.
- Prepare and provide system architecture and layouts, including performing analysis on hardware available in industry and customer Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) design concepts, network diagrams, communication diagrams and selecting different components during the planning process based on site specifics, system performance and financial objective requirements, in support of SMS proposed solution for client.
- Advise clients on data-driven strategies to achieve strategic, financial, and operational goals.
- Support clients across a broad range of industries to address issues related to their Industrial Transformation (IX) strategies, operating models, industrial networks, and maintenance/reliability strategies.
· Develop a trusted advisor relationship with external technical project leads & maintenance/reliability stakeholders
- Lead medium-sized teams with diverse backgrounds skills and knowledge.
- Mentor and coach other team members and collaborate with internal and external parties.
- Challenge legacy ways of working using constructive techniques that fuel client growth.
- Conduct industry and client research and analysis to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in change management activities, including developing communications, training, and job aids to support capability implementation.
- Must be comfortable in an industrial environment; including manufacturing floor, power generation, and others.
- Must be able to pass prescreening required for access to facilities.
- Collaborate and work with Developer(s), and other involved parties during planning, installation, and commissioning to provide engineering deliverables necessary to achieve the success of the project.
- Develop written, verbal, or other work deliverables that are organized and appropriate to the respective clients/groups.
- Responsible for SMS team members safety while leading projects on site.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science
- 6+ years of team leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years or practical experience with industrial hardware applications.
- Experience with data analytics, IOT Platforms, or Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) systems is preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years client management.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general information and data.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel. Treat all with dignity and respect. Open and receptive to their needs.
- Ability to effectively present information in a clear manner, demonstrate procedure and respond to questions.
- Familiarity with Scrum or Agile development processed preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, innovative problem-solving skills, and strong facilitation skills are required.