Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the development and control of all aspects of company project(s) consulting engagements including adherence to consulting engagement schedules, task assignments, and budgets. The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for all project support services tailored to each customer’s specific needs as per the Service Level Agreement. This position is responsible for ensuring procedures are developed to support the operations of the project team. This position is responsible for ensuring the project team complies with applicable company and client procedures. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the verification and confirmation of project task deliverables with the client’s Project Manager and will maintain ongoing communication regarding engagement status with management teams both internally and with the client. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with SMS strategy, commitments, and goals. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for supervising and mentoring junior staff for both project and career growth and make staff development recommendations.
A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science and/or Business. PMP Certification is preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted when appropriate; additional certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 3+ years of practical experience with an Enterprise-wide Computerized Maintenance Management System. Experience with Maximo is preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years of project supervisory experience. PMP certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years client management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent formal and informal communication skills, innovative problem-solving skills, and strong facilitation skills are required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Internal/External Client Strategy and Vision
- Client Service (Internal/External)
- Creating Relationships
- Decision Making
- Internal/External Communications
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Facilitation Skills
- Quality of Work
- Industry Knowledge
- Leadership (Manager and Above)
- Act as primary interface between our sales/projects and technical services efforts for customers.
- Provide the interface support between Technology and Operations to ensure proper implementation of new technologies and provide support for Operations once the new technology is operational at the facility.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements.
- Develop full scale project plans.
- Assemble and coordinate project staff.
- Manage project budget.
- Manage project resource allocation.
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Quality Assurance.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all necessary stakeholders.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Complete project evaluations and assessments of results.
- Responsible to supervise and mentor junior staff for both project and career growth and make staff development recommendations.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships.